The Underwriting Trainer is responsible for preparing and presenting training materials to Underwriters and support staff. The Underwriter Trainer reports to the Credit Training Director. Training duties encompass a variety of areas including, but not limited to, New Hire Training, Department Specific Training, Compliance Training, and software programs that are used exclusively by Freedom Mortgage
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designing and developing training and development programs based on the needs of the department and the individual’s needs utilizing various technologies.
- Facilitation of training courses in both live and on-line environments.
- Evaluation of the participant to ensure the subject material is conveyed in an effective manner.
- Working on a team to produce programs that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in the organization.
- Identifying employee developmental/training needs and develop programs/initiatives to meet those needs to enhance performance, morale, and corporate loyalty throughout the organization while reflecting the organization’s core values.
- Acting as a liaison between all departments to ensure consistency with practices, manage scheduling of programs.
- Performing miscellaneous duties related to training and development.
- Other Related Duties: Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: no supervisory responsibilities exist
- Location and Travel: Will be located in our office or remote; travel up to 50% possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual should be even tempered and detail oriented, Mentoring and communication skills are imperative to communicate at all levels.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must have government mortgage underwriting experience; minimum 5 years
- Must have DE Certification
- SAR/LAPP Certifications a plus
- Training experience is preferred
- Experience using PowerPoint and MS Office suite
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University; or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
POSITION SUMMARY: Client Lead-Servicing is responsible for but are not limited to providing L&D support to the Servicing channel. This position Partner with the business resources and will assist in program and p…
SUMMARY: The First Flyer Underwriting Trainer is responsible for preparing and presenting training materials to First Flyer Underwriter trainees. The Underwriter Trainer reports to the Credit Training Directo…
Summary Freedom is hiring an experienced VP, Digital Asset Strategy, you will lead the strategy creation and execution for all of our digital properties including; the corporate website, mobile ap…
Summary The Vice President of Purchase Marketing for our direct-to-consumer Call Center will be responsible for organizing, implementing, managing, monitoring and measuring all purchasing marketing campaigns, with the…
Job Description: Director We are looking for a Director, Software Engineering to provide Technical Leadership for al stages of Software design, development and maintenance of application for Document Management and…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …
Position Can Be Remote
This position is responsible for reconciliation of the recoverable corporate advances on all Bulk and Flow Mortgage Servicing Loan transfers from various Mortgage Banking Institutions. This position will also …
Summary The Software Engineer is responsible for formulating and defining system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. This position is …
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an experienced, strategic and driven IT leader to join the team in the role of Vice President of Intelligent Automation. Since Intelligent Automation is an emerging competency at Freedom, this role requires a balance …