The Conventional and USDA Mortgage Claims Processing Specialist is responsible for filing all Fannie Mae (FNMA), Freddie Mac (FHLMC), and Mortgage Insurance (MI) within investor/insurer timeframes and follow-up on all claim proceeds. In addition, it is essential these functions are handled as timely as possible within established requirements to minimize all associated losses.
- File all Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac expense claims within insurer/investor timeframes
- File all MI claims within insurer/investor timeframes
- File all USDA claims within requirements of USDA Pilot Program
- Follow-up daily/weekly on all outstanding claim proceeds
- Work to resolve all exceptions on suspended or denied claim funds
- Monitor daily reports and queues
- Ensure Manager is kept informed of all trends and issues including, but not limited to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac or Mortgage Insurance claim denials or curtailments.
- Review Mortgage Insurance EOB (Explanation of Benefits) for any necessary rebuttals
- Plan and schedule work so that it can be performed effectively and efficiently to reduce costs where possible by improving methods and processes
- Complies timely and accurately with instructions provided by Manager. If unable to meet a deadline, the deadline must be renegotiated prior to the initial deadline date.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Basic knowledge and experience with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Mortgage Insurance and USDA default guidelines and requirements
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is dependable and adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong team player.
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks.
- Microsoft office experience and advanced Excel knowledge.
- Strong work and business ethics.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as legal documents, policies and procedures and financial reports.
- Problem solve and seek new solutions to issues and/or work arounds.
- Ability to effectively write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, accounting general ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable and e-mail internet software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to handle high volumes in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to meet critical departmental and federal timelines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external clients/vendors
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The FHA Eviction Processing Specialist is responsible for monitoring an assigned portfolio of loans to ensure that all FHA evictions are filed and completed when necessary. In addition, the filing of Eviction extensions to HUD, Cash for Keys pa…
Customer Care - Single Point of Contact I Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial …
This position is responsible for reconciliation of the recoverable corporate advances on all Bulk and Flow Mortgage Servicing Loan transfers from various Mortgage Banking Institutions. This position will also ensure that the reconciliation proce…
Summary: The Learning Specialist will serve as a contributing team member of the Servicing Development team under the Customer Experience Department. The department is responsible for fostering a culture which thr…
The Director, Loss Recovery will be responsible for the day-to-day activities related to defaulted loan loss analysis and recovery of bill-backs through claims to vendors, prior servicer and originators. The Director will be responsible for ens…
Summary The Servicing Development Instructional Designer creates courses (ILT, E-Learning), assessments, and training job aids for Mortgage Servicing team members. Creates training deliverables by applying instructional des…
Summary The CBR Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and management of the credit bureau reporting disputes team. The CBR Supervisor is also responsible for assigning and managing exception/control reporting…
Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks a…
**OPEN TO REMOTE CANDIDATES** The Sr. Analyst will provide leadership and guidance in support of vendor relationship management activities for the Default Services department and will be required to develop and mainta…