Supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in handling Contested Default files. Provide management with status updates and prepare a variety of complex reports to ensure compliance with all agency, investor and insurer guidelines. Support internal staff with questions regarding contested foreclosure matters within their delegated authority. Responsible for ensuring the contested default process is completed accurately in adherence to mandatory state and investor timelines by acting as a liaison between Freedom Mortgage and outside counsel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Contested Default department including compiling, reviewing and signing off on reports.
- Acting as a coach to the Contested Default department team members and motivating the group to achieve the desired results.
- Conducting periodic desk reviews and completing annual performance reviews.
- Interviewing and hiring new employees.
- Performing hands-on training of all new hires in their charge.
- Organizing and assigning workloads according to the quantity of Contested Default files to the Contested Default team members to review and manage.
- Working with Contested Default team members to identify and escalate file issues to the appropriate lines of business in order to expeditiously resolve files and maintain timelines on foreclosure files.
- Working knowledge of mortgage banking, familiarity with RESPA, FDCPA &federal and state laws related to legal pleadings and related case issues.
- Assisting subordinates with Contested Default and foreclosure activities in difficult cases.
- Studying and standardizing procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Examine contested default related expenses as they pertain to investor guidelines/company policy
- Assist in preparing monthly reporting and distribution
- Assist with reviewing state, federal and investor/insurer changes as well as process implementation
- Assist with reviewing and responding to audits
- Ensure accounts are properly documented with actions taken, correspondence, and explanation of controllable vs non controllable delays.
- Knowledgeable in agency, investor or insurer timelines and documents requirements for judicial and non-judicial foreclosures.
- Perform periodic analyses and review of data and investigate questionable items.
- Develop a strong working relationship with network of Servicer Appointed and Designated Counsels
- Monitoring foreclosure/litigation attorneys and their quality of service.
- Manage the Contested Default general email box.
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Rewarding and disciplining employees in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Exhibiting a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook/Word, Excel, Fiserv, Tempo, Legal Tracker and Business Objects.
High School Diploma/GED Required, Bachelor's Degree Preferred. Minimum 1 year supervisory experience required, 2-4 years preferred. Can substitute Experience for education--4 years Supervisory experience in Contested Default.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary This position is responsible for a variety of quality control functions to ensure we are in compliance with regulatory and investor underwriting and servicing requirements and guidelin…
Summary: The Escrow Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of Escrow Administration are performed in a timely and accurately manner while remaining compliant with all State, Federal and Investor gu…
The Property Preservation Specialist will be responsible for reviewing reports produced by our preservation vendor and identifying any and all issues which will prevent deterioration to the Freedom Mortgage serviced asset. The Property Pre…
Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks a…
The Director, Loss Recovery will be responsible for the day-to-day activities related to defaulted loan loss analysis and recovery of bill-backs through claims to vendors, prior servicer and originators. The Director will be responsible for ens…
This position is responsible for reconciliation of the recoverable corporate advances on all Bulk and Flow Mortgage Servicing Loan transfers from various Mortgage Banking Institutions. This position will also ensure that the reconciliation proce…
This position is responsible for Bulk and Flow Mortgage Servicing Loan transfers from various Mortgage Banking Institutions. Assist with the oversight of the daily operations of the mortgage servicing transfers which must b…
Summary Supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in handling foreclosure files. Essential Job Functions: Carrying out management responsibilities in ac…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …