The FHA Claim Support Analyst is responsible to review all new loans that require a claim submission to HUD. This includes all FHA claim types; Liquidation conveyance claims Part A and B, as well as CWCOT (Claims without Conveyance of Title), and all Loss Mitigation claims including PFS (Pre-Foreclosure Sale) Claims, Deed in Lieu, Partial Claims, SFB (Special Forbearance) claims, Loan Modification incentive claims and HAMP claims.
This position will be responsible for the validation of eligibility for a claim through FHA Connection, verification of executed documents, obtaining necessary documentation required for a claims package and any other claim preparation step deemed necessary. This individual will have additional responsibilities that include, but may not be limited to, monitoring for receipt of claim funds and EDI errors and Monitoring the partial claim back end process to ensure timely recordation and submission of original documents to HUD. It is essential these functions are handled timely to ensure they are completed within established HUD requirements.
- Receive and review all new loans requiring a claim to HUD and calculation of claim submission deadlines
- Request supporting documentation needed to support items included in the claim
- Conduct validations through FHA Connection and review documents associated with each claim type
- Manage Daily reports to ensure that the intake process is completed within SLA and moves to the next phase of claim entry in a timely manner
- Manage Daily reports to monitor the Partial claim recordation process and ensure that original documents are sent to HUD within guidelines, including daily/weekly follow up on all outstanding Partial Claim documents
- Monitor receipt of claim payments and monitor EDI errors
- Ensure Supervisor is kept informed of all trends and issues that delay the claims process or back end Partial Claim recordation process
- Monitor daily reports and queues -- Plan and schedule work so that it can be performed effectively and efficiently to reduce costs where possible by improving methods and processes
- Complies timely and accurately with instructions provided by Supervisor. If unable to meet a deadline, the deadline must be renegotiated prior to the initial deadline date
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma required.
- 2-4 Years of related work experience required.
- Basic knowledge and experience with default mortgage processes
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy; problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment, manage time well and prioritize tasks
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as mortgage documents and department reports
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of Word Documents and spreadsheets
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary The Property Preservation Specialist will be responsible for reviewing reports produced by our preservation vendor and identifying any and all issues which will prevent deterioration to the Freedom Mortgage serv…
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …
Summary: The Supervisor of Default Servicing Operations/CWCOT will be responsible for the day-to-day activities related to auction strategies and successful sales of our CWCOT (Claims Without Conveyance of Title…
Servicing Supervisor - Single Point of Contact Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve thei…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and home own…
The Process Improvement Specialist will play a key role in successful process improvement throughout the Servicing Channel. This role will assist in projects to help develop and continually improve processes to maintain compliance with requireme…
The Mortgage Claims Specialist / Conventional & USDA is responsible for filing all Fannie Mae (FNMA), Freddie Mac (FHLMC), and Mortgage Insurance (MI) within investor/insurer timeframes and follow-up on all claim proceeds. In addi…
Summary The VA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all VA Basic expense claims and all non-conveyance claims including Third Party claims, max guaranty claims, Compromise Sales and Refundin…
The Loss Mitigation Underwriting and Processing Manager is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the loss mitigation process (processing, underwriting, closing) of all workouts. In addition, this position is responsible for loss …