The Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is a member of Enterprise Data Solutions team, working collaboratively with end users to develop reports using enterprise BI systems and provide accessible information for decision-making. The Senior BI developer will use data from multiple source systems to solve organizational problems through reports, analysis and data visualizations.
Essential Functions :
- Design, develop, deploy and support reports and dashboards within an enterprise reporting environment
- Translate business requirements into sustainable and efficient visualizations and reporting
- Extract data from enterprise relational databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server) and other data sources (e.g., XML files, flat files) using efficient and well form SQL queries
- Visually structure the data in a variety of forms conducive to answering business questions through BI dashboards, reports, analytical frameworks
- Closely monitor and check the accuracy and completeness of data
- Perform optimization of reports and dashboards
- Design, update and administer the metadata of the various data marts keeping the descriptions of data consistent and reliable across multiple projects and databases
- Continuously improve the process of updating existing reports and dashboards, with an eye towards efficiency and streamlining
- Interact with business users to identify dashboard strategies, report layouts, and analysis presentations
- Collaborate with ETL, DBA, other report development and business analyst resources
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members in the areas of technical skills and competencies.
Minimum Education and/or Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related major or equivalent IS/business experience with 5+ years of business experience, preferably with a technical background in BI/Data Warehousing, Reporting, Analytics, etc. (OR) Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related major or equivalent IS/business experience with 3+ years of business experience, preferably with a technical background in BI/Data Warehousing, Reporting, Analytics, etc.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills :
- 5+ years of experience with relational data structures, theories, principles and practices.
- Knowledge and skills in data warehousing methodologies and tools
- Proven track record of successfully delivering BI and/or data warehousing projects.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of modern enterprise architecture, hands-on experience with enterprise business intelligence platforms.
- Advanced proficiency with SQL code and related-RDBMS query tools. Experience with Snowflake is preferred.
- Experience with performance tuning, debugging, issue resolution and perform optimization of reports and dashboards
- Sound understanding of BI/Reporting best practices/methodologies in Tableau and WebFocus
- 5+ years of experience with development of reports using
- Tableau 2020.x
- Information Builders WebFocus Suite of products 8.x (e.g. WebFocus Developer Studio; InfoAssist; Report Caster; Resource Analyzer; Report Servers)
Desired Skills/Special Requirements of the Job :
- Enterprise SAS, SAS Text Miner and other SAS components a plus
- Experience with mobility of BI applications a plus
- Certifications in BI systems is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with Snowflake
Core Competencies :
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Peer Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Telecommunications Business Specialist is responsible for coordination of telecom network orders, inventory management, billing reconciliations. and voice circuit MAC work across our national multi-site environment. Position Requirements Minimum of 8 years operational and business…
The Data Strategy and Governance (DSG) organization is seeking a talented Data Governance Specialist to help grow our Data Governance Architecture team capabilities. You will leverage your experience to provide data analysis and acumen in promoting integration, re-usability, data quality and governance, and scalability across our Product platf…
The Business Analyst will be responsible for capturing business objectives by documenting the current/future state of critical business operations, automated systems process and reporting through a combination of skills leveraging; research, fact finding, interview sessions and the understanding of applicable business systems. The An…
Description/Summary : As part of the IM group, the Manager of Business Intelligence will provide Freedom Mortgage with managing, updating, and operating segments of our development team and the affiliated technical processes. Essential Functions : …
Freedom Mortgage Corporation, a national lender headquartered in Southern New Jersey, is looking for a Software Engineer with a strong technical background to work on implementation of automation solutions using RPA. Experience: 5+ years of experience in software development. 2+ years…
Seeking a highly motivated individual to lead and manage the Business Service Desk. This position will be responsible for prioritizing initiatives, maintaining queue objectives, providing insight and trending for leadership to gain application and training insights. The ideal candidate is someone with strong customer service skills, …
The focus of Software QA Test Automation Engineer III position will be to provide technical leadership to the test automation team and be responsible for designing and developing automated test solutions, create and maintain test automation framework, develop and execute automated test plans. This position is required minimum 8 years total han…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation seeks a Technical Lead, Software Engineer in their Boca Raton, FL office to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple ongoing projects, and deliver automation solutions by leveraging various technologies. Participate in all phases of the software development cycle from inception, design, development, implementat…
Manage the overall look of application development projects. Responsible for leading a development project team. Provide hands on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team. Coding approximately 30-50% of the time. Define high level application designs. Establish technical vision and work with developers t…
The Product Director is responsible for supporting the SVP, IT Product Management in the development and implementation of the automation strategy within technology products. Will work closely with business leadership to identify desired features and functionality, as well as opportunities for improvement. This role will foster eff…