The Solutions Architect (SA) is a member of Information Management team, supporting both new development/project and production support, as the highest-level technology domain expert. The SA is responsible for the assessment of business requirements; collection and identification of technical specifications; and the subsequent development of technology solutions that require development to be viable (i.e., business applications, LOB applications, work flow systems, purchased applications, developed applications and applications integration). The SA will envision and create solutions that meet requirements; model the pieces of an infrastructure and their points of integration; prove the feasibility of a design; create the design artifacts that are required to deliver and to maintain the infrastructure; guide a solution through to its completion; and ultimately can be implemented and supported in production.
The SA will work with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure that new technology solutions are designed for optimal access and usefulness, and leverage existing technologies for their specific technical domain(s) and understand system-wide impacts. The SA will assist in near/mid-term roadmap creation, to address gaps and move company towards the future state architecture to support future business growth and innovation.
Essential Functions :
- Establish domain specific standards, near/mid-term strategy, and roadmaps (0-18 months), in adherence to, and in support of Enterprise standards, strategy and roadmaps.
- Assist in creating the vision for future state technologies and architecture and participate in setting Enterprise standards and mid/long-term strategy/roadmaps (18-60 months), acting as domain specific subject matter experts.
- Responsible for domain specific content/collateral, based on the EA standards/ methodologies, to document the current state architecture, and to submit as artifacts into the Enterprise Architecture (EA) Repository; including contributions and validate of Operational processes and procedures.
- Develop technology specifications and ensure that new technology solutions are designed for optimal access and usefulness and leverage existing technologies when possible.
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability.
- Identify the technologies to employ based on price, performance, service agreements and organization constraints.
- Participate and lead research and development efforts (proofs of concept, prototypes), as subject matter experts, when introducing new technologies.
- Provide technical expertise to propose level of effort estimates (LOE), work breakdown structures and technical resource planning for proposed and current work to support the Project Management Office (PMO) and Demand Management process.
- Ability to gain buy-in on proposed solutions.
- Provide input to management throughout the project management lifecycle (PMLC).
- Assists managers with developing the service level agreements (SLAs) and deployment of key performance measures.
- Participate in various phases of the SDLC to perform QA/architectural review functions and to ensure adherence to Enterprise Architecture (EA) technology standards and project specific solutions architecture. (i.e., design reviews).
- Ensures technology solutions are production ready and meet the defined specifications, and that the solution can be maintained via production support methodologies and resources.
- Assist in Service Management policy and processes to effectively support domain. Assisted processes would include Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management and Performance Management.
- Review the ongoing implementation solution for improvement opportunities.
- Facilitate communications between workgroups and business stakeholders for technical issues and/or major changes; acting as the technical domain subject matter expert.
- Provide technical guidance to coach and mentor team members; provide performance feedback to manager(s).
- Keep current and informed of domain related technologies and best practices.
- Serve as technical owner and point of contact for domain specific solutions.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members in the areas of technical skills and competencies.
Minimum Education and/or Experience :
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related major or equivalent IS/business experience.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience years of IT/business experience, more specifically programming, engineering and/or systems analysis. Must have a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills :
- 5 + years of experience with relational data structures, theories, principles and practices.
- Knowledge and skills in data warehousing methodologies and tools
- Proven track record of successfully delivering BI and/or data warehousing projects.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of modern enterprise architecture, hands-on experience with enterprise business intelligence platforms.
- 5-7 years of experience with deployment and administration of:
- Tableau 2020.x, Power BI
- Information Builders WebFocus Suite of products 8.x (e.g. WebFocus Developer Studio; InfoAssist; Report Caster; Resource Analyzer; Report Servers)
Desired Skills/Special Requirements of the Job :
- Enterprise SAS, SAS Text Miner and other SAS components a plus
- Experience with mobility of BI applications a plus
- Certifications in BI systems is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with Snowflake
Core Competencies :
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Peer Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Senior Business Analyst with the IT Business Solutions department formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business…
Summary The position initiates, plans and executes IT programs while monitoring and controlling the individual project work streams to ensure the timely delivery of quality solutions. This individual wi…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers and teammates to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. …
Design, develop, deploy and support reports and dashboards within an enterprise reporting environment. Translate business requirements into sustainable and efficient visualizations and reporting. Extract data from enterprise relational databases…
Software Performance Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include WebSphere Portal Server in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to help transform our business. …
Design, develop, deploy and support reports and dashboards within an enterprise reporting environment Translate business requirements into sustainable and efficient visualizations and reporting Extract data …
Provide vision and direction to key IT initiatives by integrating processes, systems, and information to fulfill objectives impacting multiple business stakeholders. Initiate, plan and execute projects while monitoring a…
The Business Process Management (BPM) Developer is responsible for the development of BPM and Workflow related projects and initiatives. The BPM Developer is responsible for contributing to the development of methodologies and best prac…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers/staff, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. …