The Supervisor is responsible for managing a Default Portfolio of Bankruptcy and Bankruptcy work-flow to ensure Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), investor and insurer guidelines are strictly followed to ensure mitigation of compensatory fee risk. This position will assist management with day to day operations of the department and be required to monitor and report on Bankruptcy timelines by developing andimplementing monthly department Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). In addition to, training, coaching andmentoring of the staff by developing, directing and organizing policies and procedures with the initiatives of the department, CFPB, investor or insurer of the portfolio.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare, develop and review quality control reports to determine which bankruptcies by chapter are not meeting Freedom Mortgage and GSE timelines.
- Monitor and manage bankruptcy referral timelines to ensure investor or insurer deadlines are met.
- Create resolutions which will enable Freedom Mortgage to meet investor or insurer timelines.
- Acts as liaison with corporate attorney and local counsel on contested or problem files, lawsuits and probate cases.
- Handles escalated calls, provides knowledge and expertise for litigious correspondence by providing complex problem resolution to questions.
- Ensure initial and ongoing training is provided to new hires, to include updated bankruptcy laws, CFPB or GSE changes to guidelines or policy.
- Ensure Bankruptcy procedures conducted are in compliance with Freedom Mortgage and GSE requirements as well as CFPB, state and federal guidelines.
- Responsible for adherence based on FDIC, OCC, CFPB, and Bankruptcy Court expectations and establish effective oversight, controls and reporting.
- Review and execute bankruptcy related litigation affidavits and other sworn documents not limited to Proof of Claims, Motions for Relief Stay and Agreed Orders, Notice of Payment Changes or Reaffirmation Agreements.
- Oversees the day-to-day bankruptcy activity for pre and post charge off suppliers ensuring processes are fully compliant with bankruptcy court rules, and in full compliance with all regulatory guidance.
- Review of various current reports and assistance with identification of new reports, including ensuring department SLAs are met.
- Develop time management procedures to ensure proper customer / employee follow up
- Establish and foster a work culture at all levels within the operation which is positive, collaborative, respectful, optimistic, and capable of driving long term operational sustainability.
- Serve as a mentor and leader in the development of employee to ensure succession plan and talent retention.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for any system roll outs and/or policy procedure changes.
- Assist in identification of business drivers and trends as well as development and execution of strategic plans to address trends.
- Monitor performance and productivity metrics and continuously improve processes
- Utilize continuous process improvement techniques to properly analyze and interpret information to solve problems while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, CFPB, Investor, and Insurer and all state and federal regulations.
- Execute management responsibilities, including hiring and training employees, directing work, monitoring and completing performance evaluations, Employee recognition and discipline, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Attend industry conferences to gain best-demonstrated practices and share, scope and execute on identified initiatives.
- Performs a variety of tasks and wide degree of creativity with latitude is expected and coordinates all internal/external audit responses. Consistently ensures communication to staff of updates and changes to investor/insurer default management guidelines in addition to ensuring timely and accurate Electronic Default Reporting (EDR) reporting to investors.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University or equivalent work experience. Four years of collection/bankruptcy/foreclosure experience and Four years supervisory/management experience required. Have a combination of education and experience with commercial bankruptcies combination of education and experience. In addition to:
- Advanced knowledge of FHA, VA, conventional, FHLMC, FNMA and private investor guidelines regarding bankruptcy guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge of legal documentation and procedural steps to advance the bankruptcy and loss mitigation process in all 50 states.
- Experience using Fiserv
- Conflict resolution, Negotiation and Process improvement skills.
- Industry and Product knowledge
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will inc…
THIS POSITION CAN BE 100% REMOTE The Manager, Loss Recovery will be responsible for managing the daily activities related to reviewing / auditing defaulted loans to determine opportunities to recover losses fro…
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant wi…
The Dialer Supervisor will be responsible for directly leading the Jr. Business Analyst team and all efforts to ensure timely and quality team productivity. The Command Center Team Lead will oversee all intraday initiatives and maximize the utilizati…
The Bankruptcy Analyst III is responsible for ensuring the bankruptcy process is monitored and associated tasks are completed accurately and timely from the time of filing through to release in the servicing platform. The successful candid…
***POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY*** Position Summary: The Business Process Manager is responsible for supervising staff and maintaining test development and testing processes, analyzing the results and giving fee…
Summary Responsible for preparing and reconciling monthly investor reports and remittances, processing cash movements and related general ledger entries, and responding to internal and external inquires related to …
Summary The Default Business Process Analyst is responsible for reviewing, researching, and deciphering regulatory and compliance material to translate for Default Management. They work closely with change ma…
Summary Individual will be responsible for the overall performance and management of multiple supervisors and their teams within the customer care call center. Essential Job Fun…