Freedom Mortgage Corporation is seeking a technical lead with experience designing and developing distributed, cloud-based software applications and services in a technically diverse environment. The candidate will join an application architecture team that partners with business domain experts, application development, and other information technology teams to advance the core lending platforms and capabilities of one of the largest, privately held mortgage lenders whose mission is fostering homeownership in America.
Essential Job Functions
- Leverage your creativity, analytical skills, technical experience, and industry domain knowledge to create technical solutions in support of critical business processes.
- Collaborate with business partners and technologists to design, implement, and support application services to the organization.
- Define and position application development standards, patterns and procedures to ensure application reliability, consistency, and maintainability.
- Support the evaluation, adoption, and positioning of emerging cloud technologies to the Freedom software development organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work and collaborate across diverse technology teams and disciplines.
- Enthusiasm and ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude and enjoy making a difference in the business through your technical contributions.
- Enjoy contributing to a dynamic team environment.
- 7+ years designing and implementing Java based multitier applications.
- 3+ years designing and developing applications on AWS cloud compute, integration, database, storage, security and management services including Lambda/Elastic Beanstalk, API Gateway, ECS/EKS/Fargate, EventBridge, Step Functions, SQS/SNS, S3, ElastiCache, S3, Aurora/RDS, and Secrets Manager.
- Experience supporting application modernization programs and cloud technology adoption.
- Experience leading/mentoring software engineering teams (frameworks, reference implementations, etc).
- Experience and knowledge applying application security and assurance requirements.
- Experience in mortgage services and/or financial services domain.
- Experience with Mulesoft Anypoint Platform or similar integration platform/frameworks.
- Experience integrating with Salesforce CRM, Service Cloud, and Marketing Cloud.
- Experience designing and implementing modern responsive web applications using Single Page Application utilizing Angular, React, and Bootstrap technologies.
- Experience designing and implementing native and hybrid mobile applications for iOS and Android devices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Technology, Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Business and/or equivalent work experience.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Freedom Mortgage Corporation, a full-service direct lender founded in 1990, has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic professional to join one of the nation’s leading mortgage companies. Freedom is characterized by …
Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Includes analysis of business and user needs…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Java, React, Angular and AWS. We are searching for onsite Java / JEE Senior Software Engineers to join our progressive information technology team. This is an…
ROLE : Cloud Infrastructure Engineer DESCRIPTION: At Freedom Mortgage Corporation we believe in being a leader in the industry when it comes to emerging technology. We…
The Sr Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provides …
Design, develop, deploy and support reports and dashboards within an enterprise reporting environment. Translate business requirements into sustainable and efficient visualizations and reporting. Extract data from enterprise relational databases…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation , we are working with leading technologies to speed application development and transform our business in support of our continued growth. We are searching for an onsite Technical Lead to…
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines process and reporting scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Provides analysis of busines…
The Freedom Mortgage IT Asset Management (ITAM) team is responsible for the execution of end‐to‐end IT asset lifecycle management for the entire enterprise. This includes the monitoring, recording and tracking of assets to ensure compliance…
As part of the IT group, the Director of Software Engineering Transformation will work with Freedom Mortgage leadership and software engineering teams in the modernization, transformation and execution of engineering practices. The ind…