The Report Analyst is responsible for developing complex reporting with an understanding of current business processes and metrics as they relate to the mortgage industry. This includes gathering requirements, analyzing and mapping data, and complex report/database development. Candidate must possess the necessary skills to work in conjunction with end users, mid and senior level leadership, project managers and IT professionals including database developers and administrators. The Report Analyst plays an important role in the Default Business Controls team, working collaboratively with the Default business groups in designing reporting, analyzing and interpreting system data, and implementing analytical solutions required for effective management of loans in default. The Report Analyst reviews data to ensure accuracy, develops management dashboards, develops and maintains business review Powerpoint decks for the Default management team, and assists business partners in defining and implementing system enhancements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs the research and information gathering necessary to define, design, create, and document business requirements and specifications as it relates to the development of reporting solutions
- Collect data and perform research to gain a complete understanding of the business needs in order to report on the effectiveness of the current practices
- Interfaces with business units to define business requirements
- Assists business units with designing and testing reports to solve business needs
- Construction of Webfocus (IBI) Reporting to ensure timely and accurate distribution of data.
- Works well both independently and as a team to define processes, coordinate work, and manage communications across the business
- Develops SQL stored procedures, functions, views, tables and other database objects as defined by business partner requirements and Corporate Analytics leadership to support overall corporate objectives
- Maintain and continuously seek to improve existing business partnerships
- Identifies and defines improvements to existing reporting data sources
- Manages and maintains current report catalog including automating manual reports as well as improvements to existing reports
- Creates and maintains documentation regarding reporting and associated data
- Fulfills ad-hoc data/reporting requests as needed
- Analyze portfolio performance and maintain dashboards reflecting performance against established SLAs
- Perform loan data analysis to validate and communicate results. Run queries to validate the accuracy of data between multiple operating systems. Identify and solve discrepancies including both missing data and bad data. Format, massage, and scrub data as necessary to ensure accurate reporting.
- Develop control reporting for Default teams and provide recommendation for improvements based on data analysis.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Minimum two years of experience with SQL development (queries, stored procedures, functions, views, and other database objects) in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Minimum two years of complex report development experience utilizing Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), WebFOCUS, Tableau or similar report development software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Reverse engineering of Microsoft Access databases experience preferred
- Proven ability to think creatively in complex situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously - Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Hands on experience gathering requirements, designing and coding new reports, maintaining and enhancing existing reports, as well as designing dashboards
- Highly analytical problem solver with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Must be flexible and comfortable in a fast changing environment where projects, priorities and timelines shift frequently.
- Prior experience with Fiserv LoanServ system and data a plus
- 3-5 years Default Servicing Experience preferred
Education and/or Experience:
High school degree
Preference: Bachelors Degree from a Four (4) year College or University
Ability to read, and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies and/or precedents.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous elements.
- Position requires light physical activity
- May require that weight be lifted or force be exerted up to 10 pounds.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary: The Associate Director SPOC is responsible for the oversight and management of SPOC agents including but not limited to oversight of call center performance metrics tied to individual and department scorec…
The Director, Escrow Administration is responsible for providing oversight for the Tax and Escrow Analysis functions within the Escrow Administartion group. Essential Job Functions: …
Position Summary: Evaluates, designs, executes, measures, monitors and control business processes. Ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with an organization’s strategic goals. Wor…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Contested Default/BK Case Specialist III is responsible for Bankruptcy related litigation, foreclosure non-jury trial case handling across all portfolios and investors and Non-Ro…
The Manager, Default Change Controls is responsible for the management of a team of Default Business Process Analysts who are overseeing project completion and change management items for Default. The Manager works collaboratively with various Defaul…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Position Summary: The Credit Reporting Research Analyst should be proficient in all aspects of credit bureau reporting in order to maintain regula…
The Credit Reporting Research Analyst should be proficient in all aspects of credit bureau reporting in order to maintain regulatory compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The position will play a key role in the ongoing monitorin…
Summary Foreclosure Bidding Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regardin…
This position is responsible for reconciliation of the recoverable corporate advances on all Bulk and Flow Mortgage Servicing Loan transfers from various Mortgage Banking Institutions. This position will also ensure…