The Software Engineer is responsible for formulating and defining system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. This position is required to be competent to work on most phases of application systems analysis and programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Designs, codes, tests, debug, documents, and will maintain programs.
- Responsible for full project lifecycle planning and execution in the development and support of corporate applications.
- Provides guidance related to recommending system solutions to business needs, determining requirements and implementation planning along with testing.
- Ensures development projects are completed according to solution specifications and are properly documented: a) documentation gets appropriate level of technical review and support, b) test plans meet the project requirements, c) appropriate development and corporate methods and procedures are followed.
- Monitors milestones and deliverables throughout the software development process, driving towards the company-wide goal of delivering on time, quality products.
- Applies SDLC to successfully deliver results
Other Related Duties:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven hands on experience with the OpenEdge Advanced Business Programming Language (OpenEdge ABL) in an enterprise environment.
- Prior experience around native mortgage/loan origination/management software development lifecycle is highly preferred.
- Loan Origination System (LOS)
- Sales Portal
- Mortgage Origination
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Role Description: In concert with Enterprise and Application Architects, define emerging and core technology suite for digital operations (lending process improvements) Engage technology companies Identify…
The focus of Software QA Test Automation Engineer II position will be designing and developing automated test solutions, create and maintain test automation framework, develop and execute automated test plans. This position is required minimum 5…
Role Description: In concert with Enterprise and Application Architects, define emerging and core technology suite for digital operations (lending process improvements)Identify opportunities to leverage these technologies across…
Summary The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines process and reporting scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry re…
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer develops integrations between Marketing Cloud, Sales/Service clouds and third-party applications. Creates and manages complex workflow rules, data validation, and system triggers. …
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Progress OpenEdge ABL, Java/Spring, Spring Boot, Micro Services Architecture, CSS, HTML, Java Script, JSP, Angular, and IBM Portal Technology to help transfor…
The Product Owner is responsible for the tactical implementation of the Product strategy. Will work closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Engineers and leadership to create user stories and prioritized backlogs that are value-add, me…
Results oriented Software QA Engineer lead with minimum 8 years total hands-on experience, including 5 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client ex…
Develop processes and create necessary GitHub repositories to support testing and production environments. Responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, testing, and production envir…
This position is a combination of a Sr. Developer/Team Lead. Must be strong technically with a capability to be a potential architect as well as the ability to lead small teams. Will work with the Manager of Application Development to help…