Job Description: Director
We are looking for a Director, Software Engineering to provide Technical Leadership for al stages of Software design, development and maintenance of application for Document Management and Automation.
This candidate should have a proven track record of leading agile teams, defining and driving modern engineering practices to deliver powerful yet intuitive outcomes that aligns with technology roadmap. The Director will balance their time between leading the development and testing teams, focusing on execution, influencing improvements (across automation, productivity, innovation, quality, and predictability) and driving change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of contractors and employees across multiple projects
- Provide leadership in execution and delivery to technology teams in support of the business applications. This includes leading and coordinating activities throughout development and ensuring on time delivery with quality.
- Provides architectural guidance and ensures the solutions designed are highly scalable and can be cloud ready
- Work closely with business stakeholders across business channels, participate in the planning processes, establishing and implementing applications based on corporate architecture direction and managing the maintenance of existing applications.
- Manage multiple active projects in parallel from execution and delivery
- Project manages all the application development activities and ensures timely delivery of the projects without compromising quality and performance of the system.
- Ensures the best development processes and technologies are used in the design and implementation of applications
- Bring innovative new ideas to solve complex problems
- Empower the team to be accountable and responsible for their deliverables.
- 12-15 years of experience in leading enterprise level application development including application architecture
- 10+ years of hands on experience developing large scale n tier applications using J2EE, Spring framework, hibernate and web technologies
- 5+ years of solid experience in building cloud native applications using microservices and cloud deployment
- Expertise in building message based distributed, scalable and resilient systems.
- Experience in leading applications that leverage AI and Machine learning centered around information extraction from structured and unstructured documents.
- Experience with python to be able to develop proof of concepts
- Strong experience in Agile/Scrum running and developing Agile Teams
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Background in enterprise web development and object-oriented programming, analysis, design, and implementation
- Strong problem solving, logic, and analytical skills
- Experience developing and integrating RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing and maintaining SOAP based Web Services
- Experience developing applications using Microservices Architecture.
- Experience in application performance monitoring using enterprise tool. (Example: New Relic)
- Proficiency with CI/CD pipelines, test automation, multi-variant testing
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly and accurately identify and quantify levels of risk and propose mitigating actions
- Demonstrates ability to critically analyze technical trade-offs between different design options. Drives overall design and technical architecture
- Demonstrates technical proficiency in information engineering, tools, languages and environments. (Includes data modeling, data management and repository management).
- Experience leading mortgage industry-based application development is a plus
- Experience with OCR Technologies is a plus
- Hands on experience developing machine learning models is a plus
- Experience with Container technologies such as Docker is a plus
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related technology field
- Relevant professional certification will be considered as a testament to the candidate being on a constant learning path.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Angular 7, Micro Services and other exciting technologies to help transform our business. We are searching for onsite Release Coordinator who can technology t…
Summary The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines process and reporting scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry r…
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and indu…
100% Remote Option Summary The OpenEdge Database Administrator is responsible for multiple databases in an intensive application environment, including routine administrative activities such as cloning…
Summary The Receptionist is responsible for answering phones; routing messages to the appropriate person or department, general office tasks, providing a secur…
Front End Angular Developer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Angular JS to help transform our business. We are searching for a Senior Developer who has honed h…
We are looking to hire a skilled and motivated Windows Server Administrator who will be responsible for the day to day operations of the infrastructure systems to meet the required SLA's for both the enterprise and customer facing operations. …
Software Performance Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include WebSphere Portal Server in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to help transform our business. …